Volunteer to Make a Difference!
Help us in our mission to bring the arts to underserved communitites of Monterey County. Artful activities are on-going throughout the year as we fulfill our mission. You can help! It would be difficult to manage our outreach projects without the help of volunteers, as well as to produce First Night Monterey 2020. Volunteer now, individually or as part of a group! Get involved!
High School and College Students: Build up your community service hours; volunteer in a fun and creative environment! Expand your resumé with relevant experience; service learning hours may be available for certain projects. Call the office at (831) 373-4778, and together we'll find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and skills.
Work 4+ hours on December 31st; receive a free admission button for First Night Monterey 2020 and a free meal at our hospitality venue!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR(S) FOR FNM 2020 VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION
All event volunteers are requested to attend ONE meeting. Three meetings are scheduled:
- Sunday, December 15th at 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar 12/15/2019 03:00 PM 12/15/2019 04:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Volunteer Orientation Session 2 542 Archer St., Monterey CA
- Wednesday, December 18th at 6:00 PM
Add to Calendar 12/18/2019 06:00 PM 12/18/2019 07:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Volunteer Orientation Session 2 542 Archer St., Monterey CA
- Saturday, December 28th at 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar 12/28/2019 03:00 PM 12/28/2019 04:00 PM America/Los_Angeles Volunteer Orientation Session 3 542 Archer St., Monterey CA
Please Note: Meetings are at the First Night Monterey Office and Art Studio
Archer Park Community Center, 542 Archer Street, between Hoffman and McClellan (5 blocks uphill from Lighthouse Avenue)
Directions to First Night Monterey Office
YEAR-ROUND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT FNM
Enjoy a casual atmosphere with flexible schedules; community service hours available!
- Office Assistance is always needed! From helping with phones to organization to working with computer programs
- Run Errands - Deliver and pick up items as needed, distribute posters & buttons
- Outreach - Assist children and adults with art outreach projects
- Visual Arts/Painting - help to create large scale art and murals for FNM
- Graphic Arts - use your skills to design signs, flyers and posters
- Social Media and Web - report/blog on current happenings using Twitter and Facebook! Design and make website updates
EVENT OPPORTUNITIES AT FIRST NIGHT
Assignments are made in 3-4 hour shifts according to your preferences - everyone gets a chance to enjoy performances. Free admission buttons for event volunteers, as well as a free meal! NOTE: If you have an assignment preference, attending an earlier orientation session will give more choices!
- Event Operations - Be a Site Manager or Assistant at a venue, sell buttons and souvenirs at the event or work at our hospitality venue
- Tech & Production - work on event production behind the scenes; great experience for theatrical careers
- Photo and Video - with your own equipment, be a staff photographer or videographer; great experience for developing photographers
- Staging and Loading - help with event production, loading and moving equipment and art; art staging
You can make a difference!
First Night Monterey depends on volunteer support not just the night of the celebration, but year 'round as well. Please complete your application today. Don't miss out!